New Music from IAMCHINO “AMOR” FEATURING CHACAL & WISIN
Let us know if you are digging it.
[The 420] origins appear to lie in the escapades of a group of friends from San Rafael high school, northern California, in 1971. That autumn, the five teenagers came into possession of a hand-drawn map supposedly locating a marijuana crop at Point Reyes, north-west of San Francisco.
The friends — who called themselves the Waldos because they used to hang out by a wall — met after school, at 4:20 pm, and drove off on their treasure hunt. They never found the plot. “We were smoking a lot of weed at the time,” says Dave Reddix or Waldo Dave, now a filmmaker. “Half the fun was just going looking for it.” The group began using the term 420. So did friends and acquaintances, who included — at a couple of steps removed — members of the Grateful Dead rock band. The term spread among the band’s fans, known as Deadheads.
Then in 1990 Steve Bloom, an editor at High Times, saw 420 explained on a Grateful Dead concert flyer. Staff on the magazine, long the leading publication on marijuana, started using it.
In the mean time, Here is a mash-up by the King of Mash-ups “Voicedude”
“Let’s Blaze [Four Twenty]” featuring:
David Bowie – “Let’s Dance”
The Luniz – “I Got 5 On It”
Afroman – “Because I Got High”
Black Sabbath – “Sweet Leaf”
Family Guy – “A Bag O’ Weed”
Tom Petty – “Last Dance With Mary Jane” riff
+ Dr. Dre, and Cheech & Chong…
The NEW Hit single form the Show DPLUS
First Episode Launches March 20th
Let us know what you think…
I like it..
In this week’s Friday Roundup from our friends at Digital DJ Tips:
The most expensive vinyl ever sold (on Discogs, anyway), news of this year’s BURN Residency, and the AirBnB rental that turned into a rave!
- The Most Expensive Dance Records Ever Sold …on dance music specialist site Discogs, anyway. Thump has the story Read more
- Study Shows Why We’re Totally Addicted To Bass – Did you need a reason? Yes? Then check out this DJ Mag article that has the answer Read more
- Multi-Channel Silent Discos: The Echo Chambers Of Clubbing – And you thought silent discos were just a laugh. Think on… Magnetic Mag gets serious on us Read more
- Is It Ever Acceptable To Remix A Classic? – Well of course the answer is “yes”, but Mixmag dives a bit deeper than that in this long read Read more
- Airbnb Renters Turned A Flat Into A Nightclub With Tickets And A Bouncer – I suppose you can marvel at the sheer audacity of it! Fact has the story Read more
- Win a €100,000 Prize In The Burn Residency 2017 – Mixcloud announces the competition for 2017, with an amazing chance to win a huge investment in your DJ career Read more
Have a great weekend, wherever you are and whatever you’re up to…