4th of July Feel Good BBQ Mix ~ Grill’n and Chill’n * Old School Hip Hop and R&B
It’s the 4th of July Weekend and we decided to put a mix of some Feel Good Music. Fry Weezie put it in a 1 hour mix for you to enjoy while you are BBQ’ing, chillen’, or just hanging out with Family and Friends… We kicked it off with “Summertime” by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. You can never go wrong with this song and it’s the perfect song to kick off the summer. Fry Weezie mixed some R&B, Classic R&B, Old School, and added some West Coast/ East Coast Hip Hop Flava.. In The Mix: DJ JAZZY JEFF & THE FRESH PRINCE, BILL WITHERS, 2PAC, DJ QUIK, 112, MARVIN GAYE, MASE, PUFF DADDY,WARREN G, NATE DOGG, LIGHTER SHADE OF BROWN, MARK MORRISON, R. KELLY, DE LA SOUL, NOTORIOUS B.I.G., SNOOP DOGG, DR. DRE, AND MANY MORE…
Here are some Fun Facts on “Summertime” by Dj Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
- This samples “Summer Madness” by Kool & The Gang. The last words in the lyrics of the song also were “summer madness.”
- Released in the summer of 1991, the lyrics are about the joy of summer as lived by Will Smith (The Fresh Prince), and DJ Jazzy Jeff around Philadelphia.
- This won a Grammy for Best Rap Performance By a Duo or Group. There was some drama surrounding the category that year because Public Enemy, who were also nominated, boycotted the show because the Rap awards were not televised, saying it disrespected “inner-city contributions to the music industry.” Public Enemy was nominated the two previous years as well and also lost.
- This returned to the UK Top 40 in the summer of 2013, thanks to an iTunes 59p promotion.
DJ Jazzy Jeff explains how he met Will…. “He (the original emcee) actually missed the night. And I had to do it, so I ended up taking my equipment and when I got there, the first person that walked in the basement was Will. And I recognized him. And he asked, “Hey man, where’s your emcee?” I was like, “He couldn’t make it.” And then he said, “Mind if I get on the mic and rock?” And I replied, “No.” That was it. And that’s crazy to even think that if my guy would have shown up what might have not happened. Know what I mean? That would be a real interesting story. That if you take my guy showing up, how much different…I probably would’ve been working at the post office with a wife and nine kids. Who knows? [laughs]”
Enjoy your 4th of July weekend.. Feel you next week and always, Party Responsibly…
Share with your friends… Have a great Weekend…
[youtube id=”zLVAdbs05hk” width=”600″ height=”350″]
To Download this mix;
For Mac users, while pressing the control key, click on the Download Link below and select ‘Save Link As’ or ‘Download Linked File’.
For Windows users, right mouse-click on the Download Link below and select ‘Save Target As’ or ‘Save Link As’.
– See more at: http://davestylus.mix966fm.com/#sthash.bYJa3MJR.dpuf
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Android |