Friday Feel Good Quick Mix ~ House Party MixDave Stylus May 2, 2013 1 COMMENT
Friday Feel Good Quick Mix for May 3rd
For this Friday Feel Good Quick Mix, we got inspired by the 1990 blockbuster movie “House Party”. Fry and I were talking about the good times we had DJ’ing house parties in the 80’s and 90’s. No one stood around holding up a wall. Everybody was dancing, thanks to the music of that era.
Among the first groups to tame rap’s hardcore mentality into a positive, message-oriented music suitable for teens and mass audiences, Kid ‘n Play debuted in 1988 with the platinum album 2 Hype, which the duo later spun into a deal involving films and a Saturday-morning cartoon show, the first involving a rap act. Though their recording activity became limited during the gangsta-dominated ’90s — 1991’s Face the Nation was their last album — the group managed two sequels to their original House Party film, as well as the 1991 teen flick Class Act.
Artist Include: Kid n’ Play, Today, Bobby Brown, LL Cool J, BBD, Full Force, Johnny Gill, and many more…
House Party Facts:
- Play and Comedian Martin Lawrence are cousins
- The film “House Party” grossed $26,385,627
- The lead roles were originally written for DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince.
- Kid n’ Play were originally background dancers for Salt-N-Pepa
- Rumors of “House Party 5” are in the works with Kid n’ Play labeled as a New School vs Old School House Party
Enjoy the Mix and Party Responsibly.
... is an all around entertainer. On the mic or on the wheels of steel! Dave is sure to be a crowd pleaser!